MLA '12 Continuing Education Courses
“Growing Opportunities: Changing Our Game” is this year’s theme, so plan to do just that and take quality education courses with your colleagues at MLA ’12 in Seattle, WA. Courses are organized in tracks according to the professional competency areas as described in Competencies for Lifelong Learning and Professional Success, MLAs educational policy statement.
- CE courses will take place on Friday, May 18, Saturday, May 19, and Wednesday, May 23.
- Three eLearning CE courses will be held during MLA '12
- Friday, May 18, 1:00 p.m.5:00 p.m., CE102W Introduction to Epidemiology for Librarians
- Saturday, May 19, 1:00 p.m.5:00 p.m., CE502W App Therapy: Mobile Technology and Health Sciences Libraries
- Wednesday, May 23, 1:00 p.m.5:00 p.m., CE602W Forging a Path for Translational Science Support at Your Institution: A Roadmap for Success
One symposium will be offered:
- On Saturday, May 19, 2012, "Managing and Revitalizing Your Career as a Medical Librarian" will be offered from 12:30 p.m.5:00 p.m.
Hands-on Computer Courses (Offsite Location)
All hands-on computer courses are to be held at an offsite location in Seattle, WA and not at the Washinton State Convention Center, Sheraton Seattle, or Hyatt at Olive 8. The facility will be named in the Official Program. Transportation from the hotel to the facility will be provided if necessary. Hands-on courses are clearly marked as part of the course description with the hand icon.
MLA CE Contact Hours
Full-day CE course: 8 MLA CE contact hours; Six-hour CE course: 6 MLA CE contact hours; Half-day CE course: 4 MLA CE contact hours
Registration and Fees
Registration is handled on a first-come, first-served basis, and no waiting lists are maintained. You must register for CE courses by course number and day on the registration form. Fees are based on first-choice selections. You do not have to register for the meeting to register for courses. Room assignments will be in the Official Program and in the Online Program Planner. See the registration area to register, or for more information. Nonmember rate includes one-year introductory membership to MLA.
Student Fees and Cancellation Policy
Special student fee, pending available space: $50
Cancellation or course change fee: $50 per course
All CE cancellations must be submitted in writing and faxed to Debra Cavanaugh, Coordinator, Continuing Education at 312.419.8950. Cancellations received before April 18, 2012, are subject to a $50 fee. After April 18, 2012, MLA will give refunds only for documented medical emergencies. Refunds will be processed within 6 weeks after the meeting. MLA will honor written requests to transfer a CE registration to another person. A $50 fee will be applied to each change or cancellation of a registered continuing education course.
|Browse Courses by:|