MLA '12: Travel
Surrounded by mountains and water, the greater Seattle area features picture-perfect views and abundant recreational opportunities. It is truly a year-round destination featuring a mild climate; a full range of arts, cultural, and sporting events; and an abundance of shops and restaurants that boast a penchant for strong coffee, tasty microbrews, and amazing seafood.
MLA has arranged for discounted travel.
United Airlines (updated 4/18/2012)
You may book online at www.united.com and enter your Offer Code ZMUM502915 in the Offer Code box when searching for your flights.
If booking through a travel professional or United Meetings at 1-800-521-4041, provide the following:
Agreement Code: 502915 and Z Code: ZMUM
Outside of the United States, please call your local United Airlines Reservation Office.
American Airlines (AA)
Use the instructions below for 5% discounts on American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, oneworld Alliance, and codeshare partners for travel May 14–26, 2012.
- Online: for 5% discount after selecting your flight under the Enter Passenger Details tab, go to the AA.com Promotion Code field and enter 4952BS. Go directly to www.aa.com to book your flights.
- By phone: call 800.433.7300 from anywhere in the United States or Canada, 7 days a week, from 6:00 a.m.–midnight, central time, and reference the authorization number AN# 4952BS. Reservations for the hearing and speech impaired are also available at 800.543.1586. There is a $25.00 reservations service charge for tickets issued through AA Travel Centers and a $30.00 ticketing charge for tickets issued at the airport.
Use United Airlines discount code 587JB to earn Mileage Plus miles and be entitled to special discounts on car rentals with Hertz.
Contact Avis at 800.331.1212, and refer to AWD# B136001 to reserve your car at a discounted rate. Outside the United States, please call 800.331.1084.
Ground Transportation to and from the Airport
Sea-Tac International Airport (Sea-Tac) is less than fifteen miles from downtown Seattle. Visit the airport’s website for information on passenger services, flight status, and news for travelers. You will find a number of options for travel between the airport and downtown Seattle.
Central Link light rail will whisk you from the airport to downtown Seattle in about 35 minutes, 7 days a week. At about $2.50 a ride, it is the best deal in town to travel between Seattle and Sea-Tac.
The drive to downtown Seattle from Sea-Tac will take twenty to thirty minutes, depending on traffic. A trip to downtown Seattle from the airport on public transportation takes thirty to forty minutes.
Quick Links to Ground Transportation
Port of Seattle
- Shuttle bus information
- Map of ground transportation locations
- Public transit
- Taxi cab and limo information
- Rental car information
- Ground transportation providers by location
King County Metro
- Shuttle transportation from Sea-Tac to downtown Seattle via Shuttle Express
Seattle has a handful of parking garages within walking distance of the Washington State Convention Center. Please call garages for current rates; prices are subject to change. Also see the City of Seattle parking map of downtown Seattle.
The Seattle Amtrak depot is centrally located at King Street Station, 303 South Jackson Street, Seattle, WA 98104. Visit www.amtrak.com for more information.