MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Gilbert Joseph Clausman
Fellowship Conferred: 1987
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Past President, 1978-79
- President, 1977-78
- Executive Committee, chair 1977-78
- Nominating Committee, chair, 1976-77
- Election Committee, chair, 1976-77
- Medical Library School Group, chair, 1970-71
- Membership Committee, chair, 1970-72
- 1971 Annual Meeting Committee, co-chair, 1968-71
- Ida and George Elliot Prize Committee, chair, 1967-68
- Ad Hoc Committee on the Orr-Pings Report, chair, 1965-66
- MLA Exchange, manager, 1960-62
- Board of Directors, member, 1959-63
- New York New Jersey Chapter
- Hospitality Committee, chair, 1970-73
- Chair, 1956-57
- Vice Chair, 1955-56
- Treasurer, 1951-54
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Service Award, Milton Helpern Library of Legal Medicine, 1983
- New York Academy of Medicine, Fellow, 1979
- New York University School of Medicine Alumni Association Honorary Membership, 1969
Publications (5 representative)
- Clausman GJ. Our medical library. New York Univ Med Q 1958 Oct; 4:4-5.
- Clausman GJ. Three R’s for a medical library. The Pioneer 1958 Jan/Feb; 10-11.
- Clausman GJ. Egbert Le Fevre Memorial Library. Bull Soc Libr NY Univ 1956 Jan; 49:1.
- Calusman, GJ. Keys to the library. IV Services of the reference department. Academy Bookman 1951 Win; 4:14-5.
- Librarian Emeritus, Professor Emeritus, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, 1987-present.
- Librarian, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, 1955-86.
- First Assistant in charge of Circulation, Library, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1951-55.
- Reference Assistant, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1948-51.
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Brandon AN. Gilbert J. Clausman President, Medical Library Association 1977/1978.
- Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1977 Jul; 65(3): 393–95. [cited April 21, 2006]
Edited April 21, 2006