MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
C. K. Huang
Fellowship Conferred: 1993
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Joint Conference of Australian and New Zealand Health and Medical
Libraries, Auckland, New Zealand, MLA representative, 1989
- Nominating Committee, 1979-80
- Ad Hoc Committee to Study International Exchange and Redistribution
of Library Materials, chair, 1978-80
- Annual Conference of British Medical Libraries, Nottingham, England,
MLA representative, 1978
- International Cooperation Committee, chair, l977-78
- Eileen R. Cunningham Fellowship Sub-Committee, chair, 1975-77
- Upsate New York and Ontario Chapter, MLA
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, 1993
- Fellow, Upstate New York and Ontario Chapter, MLA, 1991
- Academy of Health Information Professionals, Distinguished member
- John and Margaret Naughton Special Recognition Award, School of Medicine
and Biological Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1992
- Citation of Honor, Library Consortium of Health Institutions in Buffalo,
Buffalo, NY 1992
- Gold Plaque, National Central Library of the Republic of China, Taipei,
- Service Excellence Award, University Services, State University of
New York at Buffalo, 1989
- Letter of Citation for the National Biomedical Information Center
and Network Project in the People's Republic of China, World Health
- Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Librarianship, State University
of New York, 1979
- Distinguished Service Medal, Office of the President, Republic of
China, Taipei, Taiwan, 1961
Publications (5 representative)
- Huang CK. Electronic access and delivery of biomedical information.
In: International Conference on New Frontiers in Library and Information
Services, May 9-11, 1991. Taipei: National Central Library, 1992:281-9.
- Haung CK. A leap forward in medical librarianship: a glimpse of the
Biomedical Information Center and Network, People's Republic of China.
Bull Med Libr Assoc 1983 Jul; 71(3):299-303.
- Huang CK. The delivery of information services in a health sciences
library. The Bookmark 1977 Spring:58-63.
- Huang CK. Physical facilities of medical school libraries in the United
States 1966-75: a statistical review. Bull Med Libr Assoc 1976 Apr;
- Huang CK. Developing an East Asian collection: requirements and problems.
Libr Q 1970 Apr; 40(2):236-44.
- Director, Health Sciences Library, State University of New York at
Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 1970-92
- Adjunct Professor of Medical Communications, School of Medicine and
Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo,
- Associate Director, Health Sciences Library, State University of New
York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, 1969-70
- Head, East Asian Library, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, 1968-69
- Head, East Asian Library, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY,
- Reference Assistant, Reference Department, University of Michigan
Libraries, Ann Arbor, MI, 1964
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Presentation of awards. Proceedings of the 93rd Annual Meeting. Bull
Med Libr Assoc 1994 Jan; 82(1):122.
Edited September 10, 2003