MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Fellowship Conferred: 2007
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Janet Doe Lecture Jury, chair, 2000
- Joseph Leiter Lectureship Committee, chair, 1995
Honors and Awards
- ICMJE NLM Representative, 1998-present
- Senior Executive Service, 2006-present
- NFAIS Board of Directors, 1994-2002
- NIH Director’s Award, 1991
- NLM Director’s Award, 1990
- NIH Merit Award, 1981
Publications (5 representative)
- Hofman K, Ryce A, Prudhomme W, Kotzin S. Reporting of non-communicable disease research in low- and middle-income countries: a pilot bibliometric analysis. J Med Libr Assoc. 2006 Oct; 94(4): 415-20.
- Kotzin S. Joseph Leiter, FMLA, 1915-2005. J Med Libr Assoc. 2005 Oct.; 93(4):512-513.
- De Angelis CD, Drazen JM, Frizelle FA, Haug C, Hoey J, Horton R, Kotzin S, Laine C, Marusic A, Overbeke AJ, Schroeder TV, Sox HC, Van Der Weyden BM; International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. Is this clinical trial fully registered?¾A statement from the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors. N Engl J Med. 2005 June 9; 3436-8. Epub 2005.
- Davidoff F, De Angelis CD, Drazen JM, Nicholls MG, Hoey J, Hojgaard L, Horton R, Kotzin S, Nylenna M, Overbeke AJ, Sox HC, Van Der Weyden MB, Wilkes MS. Sponsorship, authorship, and accountability. N Engl J Med. 2001 Sep 13;345(11):825-6.
- Kotzin, S and Schuyler, PL. NLM’s Practices for Handling Errata and retractions. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1989 ;77:337-341.
- Associate Director, Library Operations, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 2006-present
- Executive Editor, MEDLINE, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1998-present
- Chief, Bibliographic Services Division, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1981-2006
- Regional Medical Library Coordinator, National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD, 1979-1981
MLA published statements about the fellow
Edited April 7, 2008