MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Jean Antes Pelley, 1920-2008
Fellowship Conferred: 1986
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Awards Committee, Chair, 1985–1986
- Editorial Committee for the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, 1980–1984
- Continuing Education Committee, Chair 1975–1979
- Central Pennsylvania Health Sciences Librarians, President, 1972–1981
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, Upstate New York and Ontario Regional Chapter
- Honorary Life Membership of Philadelphia Chapter, MLA, 1986 www.mlaphil.org/wp/15/grants-and-awards/award-winners/
- Pi Lambda Theta ( International Honor Society and Professional Association in Education), 1951
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International (Professional Honor Society of Women Teachers)
- Alpers Award, School of Library Science, Case Western Reserve University, 1970
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical
Library Association are available via PubMed Central http://pubmedcentral.gov/
- Lenox RJ, Antes Pelley EJ. The Donald Guthrie Foundation for Education and Research. Guthrie J. 1998.
- Antes EJ. The rural area hospital can afford a librarian. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1982 Apr;70(2):233–6.
- Antes EJ. A librarian for the small hospital. Nurs Times. 1982 Oct 6–12;78(40):1683–5.
- Antes EJ, Henry SH. Library service to small rural hospitals: a circuit librarian program final report. Guthrie Bull. 1979 Fall;49:57.
- Antes EJ, Ryan J. An OR bibliography. Bull Am Coll Surg. 1974;59:25.
- Managing Editor, Guthrie Medical Journal, 1985–1997
- Supervisor, Circuit Librarian Program, Pennsylvania and New York, Sayre, PA, 1976–1985
- Medical Reference Librarian, Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, PA, 1970–1985
- Editorial Assistant, Guthrie Bulletin, 1970–1985
- Associate Dean of Students, Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA, 1965–1969
MLA published statements about the fellow
Edited February 28, 2010