MLA Fellow Brief Vitae
Philip Rosenstein, 1922-1993
Fellowship Conferred: 1990
MLA Elected Offices and Committee Chair Appointments
- Ad Hoc Committee to Examine the Status and Economic Interests of Health Science Library Personnel, 1975-1978
- Committee on Bibliographic Tools, 1972
- Bulletin of the Medical Library Association, Advertising Manager, 1964-1967
- Joint Committee on Pharmacy College Libraries, Representative, 1960-1963
- Pharmacy Colleges Representative on panel discussions of “Library Standards” at the 1962 Annual Meeting
- Pharmacy Group, Chair, 1959
New York Regional Group
- Chair, 1966-1967
- Secretary, 1961-1963
- Advisory Committee of Librarians, Medical Library Center of New York, chair, 1973-1976
- Board of Trustees, Medical Library Center of New York, member, 1975-1976
- Advisory Committee of Librarians, Medical Library Center of New York, member, 1979-1982
- Advisory Committee of the Regional Medical Library of New York and New Jersey, member, 1969-1982
Honors and Awards
- New York Academy of Sciences, member, 1966-1990
Publications (5 representative)
Articles published in the Bulletin of the Medical Library Association or Journal of the Medical
Library Association are available via PubMed Central http://pubmedcentral.gov/
- University Librarian/Director of Libraries, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 1966-1990.
- Library Director, Brooklyn College of Pharmacy, Brooklyn, NY,1955-1966
- Reference Librarian, New York Academy of Medicine, New York, NY, 1952-1955
MLA published statements about the fellow
- Rosenstein H. Philip Rosenstein, 1922-1993. Bulletin of the Medical Library Association 1993 Oct; 81(4):469- 70.
- Basile VA; Taylor M: In Memoriam: Philip Rosenstein, New York/New Jersey Chapter MLA News 1993 Spring 23(2):10.
- Meyerhoff E: Philip Rosenstein (February 5, 1922 – March 25, 1993) A Remembrance, New York/New Jersey Chapter MLA News 1993 Spring 23(2):11.
- Awards luncheon and ceremony. Proceedings, 90th Annual Meeting Medical Library Association, Inc. Detroit, Michigan May 18-24, 1990. Bull Med Libr Assoc. 1991 January; 79(1): 134. [cited March 26, 2007]
Submitted by Judith Cohn
Edited April 7, 2008