Sections, Chapters, Groups
MLA sections represent the many varied subfields and areas of specialization of the associations membership, including medical informatics and consumer health. Sections meet annually and share information during the year through informal networking and newsletters. MLA also sponsors informal special interest groups (SIGs).
(links to section Websites)
- Section Council
(Questions for the Council? Contact Jodi L. Philbrick)
- Section Descriptions
- Section Histories
(from the 1998 MLA Centennial)
- Section Model Bylaws
- Online Request Form for Section and Chapter Member Lists (for officers only)
- NEW SERVICE!!! Section officers may now access up-to-date section rosters on-demand via your member area menu. To access:
- At the top of this page, select the member login button under the MLA logo.
- Log in using your MLANET user name and password.
- Select "Go to My Member Area" from the main member's area menu.
- Once in your account menu, you should now see a menu item on the bottom right that reads "Section On-Demand Rosters" (only section leaders in the MLA directory see this menu item).
- Click on the link to see the instructions for getting your section roster(s).
Any questions, please contact Kate Corcoran, 312.419.9094 x12.